Google
 

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Summer Vacation

I have been on summer vacation from blogging because I was wrapping up a summer class I was teaching, and I also had family matters to take care of. I am happy to say that I am pleased with the way those matters ended.

Things I learned from my class: students DO listen, even if they appear like they are not. I had one student told me that he enjoyed my class, that he regretted not taking it in the fall or spring times. He sincerely meant it. Many students nodded in agreement. Some students stayed after on the last day of class to watch The Freedom Writers Diary film (a very good one by the way).

Things I learned from my family: is not to take anyone for granted. Enjoy what each family member has to offer, and not to nit pick on each other's qualities. Why should we? Enjoy them for who they are and what they have to offer. Family is a building block. We are all interdependent on each other.

Now, I am spending more time with my family, and loving it. I also will begin preparing for the fall semester. I will keep you updated. I am in the process of looking for interesting books for my students to read. I am going to have them read the Freedom Writers Diary again. If you have suggestions for what other books I shall use for my education course that focuses on today's issues, let me know. Post your comments, and I will consider them.

No comments:

Fruit Roll-ups

This is awesome!