Google
 

Monday, February 19, 2007

Oppression of the Races

Why is it that humanity doesn't learn from the past? Why is it that a group of people have face discrimination or some other form of oppression? It sickens me to see that some humans have no feeling for others. As I have stated in an earlier posts, we are afraid of the unknown, and we need feel how the "others" feel.

Here is a list of different ethnic groups that faced some kind of mass oppression in the past and present. This is not an alphabetical order. Just a list running through my head.

  • African slavery in the west
  • Holocaust
  • Palestinian uprisings/Intifada
  • Bosnia genocide
  • Rwanda genocide
  • Kosova genocide
  • Iraqi civilians
  • Afghanistan's civilians

I am sure this is not a complete list. If you know of any more, comment and I can update this post. I will be glad to do this, so that maybe, just maybe we will take our role as humans seriously.

No comments:

Fruit Roll-ups

This is awesome!