Google
 

Friday, August 14, 2009

More Students Going to School?

Yesterday, I met one of my college colleagues at a Subway, and she had told me that her office at the community college was fielding 300 calls per day, and she mentioned that she wasn't sure how the other offices were doing. People were standing in lines waiting to register for classes. My colleague continued to say that people couldn't choose which class or section to sign up for, instead many were put on the waiting list. She said that new classes may be formed to accommodate all those students. I had asked her why did she think that that everyone was going back to school. She had mentioned she wasn't sure, so I started thinking about it and asking others their ideas.

Here are some:

  • The economy is getting better, and so companies are offering education as incentives.
  • The federal government is offering more financial aid.
  • Loans may be available for people.
  • The recession was a wake up call for many to improve their lifestyle through education.

I would be interested in knowing what you think.

No comments:

Fruit Roll-ups

This is awesome!