Google
 

Monday, December 10, 2007

Don't Stress During the Holidays, You're Not Supposed To

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Right now there is Hanakah, Eid al Adha, Christmas and Kawanza, just to name a few during this month.

Each group will be celebrating spiritually and with family. There also may be presents involved as well.

However, what is becoming a common observation is STRESS. Plenty of my friends complain about how much Christmas is costing them and how their tasks of to do things and planning keeps getting longer, where it has now become a burden.

Is that right? I don't think so. I have given ideas to my friends saying skip the presents and celebrate in simplicity (because I believe less is more). Limit gifts, I say. Make handmade gifts. Have loved ones help in making dinners and deserts. I could keep going.

To me, no matter what religion you practice, a holiday is a holiday--not a "helliday". This is the time where you should use this for spiritual or reflective purposes. This is the time to contemplate on your existence and how you can improve your own life--how to be a better human.

Holidays are time to make us humble, and not to forget the less fortunate around us and outside our countries.

So, I offer you a holiday challenge. Instead of worrying about how many gifts and groceries to buy, reflect on the meaning of your life.

Reflect on how you can help the needs of improving humanity.

Just reflect. You will be surprised.

No comments:

Fruit Roll-ups

This is awesome!